He was doing a handstand in P.E. last Thursday and landed on the back of another student. (He emphatically adds that the other kid wasn't hurt.). He limped around that night and Friday morning and it seemed to be getting worse. The thing that made me take him in though was a weird bump just above his knee that was a little swollen, was extremely painful to the touch and just didn't seem right. I thought it was a pulled muscle or ligament or something because he could walk and move it (although he couldn't bend it), but it turned out the bump was actually a broken bone. The crazy kid walked around on a broken leg for a day and a half! We spent FIVE INSANE HOURS at urgent care! When I say "we" I mean me, Michael, Crazy Elizabeth and Crazy Caleb all stuffed in an ultra small room. We survived but just barely. Michael has a brace for now till we see the orthopaedic doctor tomorrow. I'm anxious to see what they say and how long it's going to take. The sad thing is that Michael JUST started track last week and was doing awesome. I'm so sad for him for him that he probably won't be doing much track this year now.
He's in denial and refuses to admit that his leg is broken. He keeps getting mad at me that I'm telling the whole world. I told him that I was going to put it on my blog and he freaked out. I find it funny that he's so annoyed by it. He definitely has the Hodson stubborn gene! He finally agreed to let me put it on my blog when I told him the grandparents wanted to see pictures of him. So here's Hop-along-Michael. (That's what Blake calls him because it drives him crazy and Dad's job is to drive the teenagers crazy, right?)
Sorry- that is really lame.
ReplyDeleteOh Michael that stinks! I am so sorry! Hopefully you will make a speedy recovery!
ReplyDelete