November 14, 2010

Happy Birthday Nathan!

(Yesterday)  Nathan is 15... yes, fifteen!!!!! Crazy how time flies. I still remember him as a newborn and me in my sleep-deprived state thinking, "I have to do this for 18 more years???!!!! WHAT was I thinking?!" Then it got a little easier, then I blinked and now he's a big teenager.

I couldn't ask for a better teenager. He's incredibly smart, extremely funny, amazingly sensitive, and usually pretty reasonable. And yes, I'm saying that about a teenager. He still has his days, just like we all do. Usually the biggest "problem" I have is that he teases his siblings unmercifully. His favorite thing to do is point at them while we're eating dinner.  He does it when the parents aren't looking. He just stares at them and points at them and then acts like nothing is happening. Then they start to cry and I'm left trying to figure out what the problem is and why there's chaos. He finds this incredibly amusing, and I'm actually smiling while typing this because it is pretty funny... just not while it's happening. But really, overall he's a great kid! One thing I find amazing for a kid his age is that he apologizes when he makes mistakes or happens to snap at someone (which isn't often), which I think is very mature of him. He works hard at school and at home. He does spend a lot of time on his lap top and reads CONSTANTLY, but he still manages to get everything done that he needs to. (Usually at the last minute, but still.) The only thing I can complain about is his hair.  Ugh, his hair!!! He has different ideas of what his hair should look like than I do. But if that's the only battle we're fighting right now, then I say we're doing good.

Happy 15th Birthday Nathan!!!! I love you so, so much!!!

Reading (always)
Looking at a ladybug with Caleb.  He's such a good big brother!
 
  Eating Peanut Butter Fudge Ripple Cheesecake for his birthday.






2 comments:

  1. I kept checking back for pictures. I am glad you got them on. He looks really grown up. I can't believe it. I don't even mind his hair. I expected a lot worse from your comments and some of the styls I see kids around here with. What a good kid you have. I hope mine turn out just as good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First-His hair is fine. And if he is happy with it LEAVE HIM ALONE LOL. No one tells you how you should wear your hair and soon he will have to cut it for his mission

    Second- AHHHHHHHHHHHHH A lady bug in your house??????? What's up with that and are you ok? LOL

    And last- there are definitely peanuts in that cheese cake how did you manage that one?

    Love you

    ReplyDelete