February 16, 2011
Elizabeth at the dentist
Elizabeth is now famous at our dentist office. I took the kids in for cleanings 2 weeks ago (I'm slow in posting about this). Elizabeth has always loved the dentist since she has watched the 5 older kids go to the dentist. When it was finally her turn, she was excited. She's been going for awhile now and is always excited, but this time takes the cake. She was ecstatic to go to the dentist. She hopped right up in the chair and says to the hygienist (named Sue for ease of telling this story) , "Are you going to raise me up? When are you going to raise the chair?" Sue puts on the little bib thing and Elizabeth says (all happy), "Why do I have a bib? I like having bibs. It's funny." She laughed hysterically when we told her everyone has to have a bib - even daddy. Sue put on her gloves and Elizabeth excitedly said, "purple gloves?! Our doctor has blue gloves. I've never seen PURPLE!" So she goes through the appointment, talking away. At one point, out of the clear blue she says, "I wish I could be a Fashion Queen." To which Sue responds, "Well, you have good enough teeth to be a fashion queen." Elizabeth got fluoride for the first time and thought she looked like Daffy Duck when they put the little yellow foam thing in her mouth. They gave her a mirror so she could see what's going on and for the first time during that appointment, she stopped talking. She was too busy admiring herself in the mirror. lol. Anyway, the whole session went like that. Now for the best part: At the end, the dentist came in and Elizabeth squeals, "DOCTOR DAVE!" He said it was the best reception he's had in his whole career. lol. We had to go in a week later for Lydia and they're still talking about her over there. She should be in one of those videos that help kids not be afraid of the dentist. She was seriously hilarious. Oh and at the end of the appointment, she says to Sue "I wish I got to be on that other side" (meaning the with a different hygienist - the one Lydia was with). Sue acted hurt and asked, "Why? Don't you like me?" Elizabeth said, "I like you, I just want to go over there because she gives out yellow toothbrushes." (Lydia had just shown her the yellow toothbrush she got, while Elizabeth got pink - and she even chose pink, so I don't know what she was thinking.) Sue says, "Well, I can give you a yellow one if you want." Elizabeth says, "No thank you. I like pink better." Sue was laughing the whole time and so was I. Elizabeth was so bouncy and cute and funny.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment