Nathan and Michael had a Scout camp this weekend. They went backpacking... well as much as you can backpack in the lovely, non-mountainous state of Kansas. Michael didn't do the actual backpacking because of his knee (I'll update about his knee tomorrow). Nathan backpacked and had a wonderful time. There was a lot of mud, but he still loved it! Michael and Blake met the rest of the scouts at the main camp. Then when the others went backpacking, Blake and Michael went fishing. They had a great time together and Michael caught a fish. Well, he probably caught more than one, I don't know. But this is the one I heard of... and saw because Michael brought it to the front door to scare me with it when he got home. He knocked on the door and when I opened it, he swung the fish around and made it do all sorts of yucky things. He succeeded in freaking me out, and enjoyed every minute of it. Apparently I reacted EXACTLY as he planned when he swung the huge fish at me and pretended he was going to bring the ugly, dirty thing in the house. I'm glad I'm so predictable. After he tortured me with the fish, he went off laughing hysterically and cleaned it. They fried it up and ate it for dinner and more than half the family LOVED it. Weird! There are very few foods that more than half the family goes crazy over and I'm surprised that they all liked fish so much. If I would have randomly said we were having fish for dinner, they all would have whined. I think it's the novelty of catching, seeing, and then eating the fish. Anyway... meet Michael's fish:
The girls, Caleb and I went to the fire station for Special Needs Family Fun Day. I have a ton of good pictures that I'll post soon.
That is a nice fish Michael! You have grown so much from last time I saw you! And Carie you married Blake, so you can't be too surprised your kids act just like him :). Hehehe love you guys!
ReplyDelete