August 18, 2012

Las Vegas - The Rest of the Story, Part 2

We stayed at Caesar's Palace, which is where Celine performs.  While we were checking in, the reception guy asked us if we were there to see Celine.  The girls and I all told him excitedly that we sure were and that we were even going to meet Celine.  He started typing a bunch on his computer and then informed us that he was going to put us in a suite at no extra charge (it ended up being $115 per night extra, but we still paid our original price)!  He wanted to take care of Celine's biggest fans.  Sweet!  Or should I say Suite!  I was nervous to be up so high.  I was sure the kids were going to fall through the window to their deaths at any minute.
It was REALLY nice though.  Here's the view from our room:
Check out how huge this room was:


They gave us excellent treatment.  I talked to one of the bell hop guys and he told me that he often works with Celine on her floor.  He said she's really nice.  I asked him a whole ton of questions.  

We went to The Cheesecake Factory for dinner.  It's also in Caesar's Palace, but it's a .5 mile walk to get there.  Poor Katie was beat.  And we were starving!  We tried out some new cheesecakes that we've never had before.  We got White Chocolate Raspberry Truffle, Chocolate Coconut Cream and then a Godiva chocolate which I've had way too often.  The coconut one is heavenly!  Gotta get that one again for sure!
They have a huge aquarium in Caesar's Palace.  The girls spent a lot of time looking at fish.

Lydia wanted me to take a picture of her with the lion fish, although I don't think you can see it well.  It's the spikey one over her head.
We checked out all the statues and fountains everywhere. 
We also went to the Celine Store... twice.  I don't know why I didn't take pics of us there.  I guess we were having too much fun shopping to think about pictures.  You know me and my weakness for gift shops.  It's 100 times worse when it's a Celine Dion gift shop!  Anna and Lydia bought Celine Dion hats.  Lydia chose a white one so she could have Celine sign it.  We all picked out something to have Celine sign.  Celine's helper, Talia, took them all for us and said she'd have Celine sign them later so we could spend more time talking to Celine.  So nice of her!
We came back to the hotel and watched the Olympics on TV.  Gotta take advantage since we don't have TV stations at home.  The girls begged me to stay up and I said sure, why not, it's a vacation.  I knew I'd regret that a week later when school started.

No comments:

Post a Comment